Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Meet Ash

Hmmm...I wonder if I should create a profile of each animal?

Well... let's start with Ash. Ash joined the HooZoo in January 2009. Her name is Ash because she looks like a cigarette ash... gray with a flaming red tail. She is a Congo African Grey parrot and loves head scratches, peanuts and fuji apples. She is an acrobatic master... and can hang on one toe, her beak and even the "iron cross."

African Greys usually begin to talk around 1 year old... but our wonderful little birdbrain is at the head of her class. Her first words were uttered at the young age of 8 months.
She has mastered: Ash, Mister Jason, Artie, *microwave beep*
She is currently working on: Nose Kiss, *evil laugh*

One of these days... she'll say "Mama." Although I'm happy for Jason... I'm also sad she hasn't learned my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment